With the proliferation of multi-format deliveries on different devices, new ways of advertising are unlocked such as monetisation of data. Therefore, the summit will hold discussions on business models as it is one of the key factors in surviving the overcrowded over-the-top (OTT) market.
Another major disruption to conventional advertising is the rise of social media video advertising. Social media giants, Facebook and YouTube, are one of the most popular video bundles in the US market, according to TiVo’s Video report released in Q2 2019. The Asia Video Summit is thus inviting delegates to speak on the future of targeted advertising through the curation of premium content services.
Although social media is able to reach mass audience in the shortest time, it has created a fake news epidemic. Moreover, with ‘deep fakes’, we can no longer believe what we see online. The summit’s speakers will tackle the importance of curating news services to combat the epidemic.
Furthermore, content piracy is still plaguing the ASEAN market and affecting OTT conversion rate, as reported by APB in March this year. The summit will also spark debates on the need for policies to instil law and order in the video industry. Lastly, as ICT converges with the media industry, increasingly more telcos are buying up media operators, resulting in an impact on human capital.
Louis Boswell, CEO, AVIA commented: “I am looking forward to this year’s event. This is the one time of the year where we ask our stakeholders to come together to discuss the key issues we face as an industry. In a non-partisan and honest environment, with more to discuss than ever before, the Asia Video Summit is critical as we plot the future trajectory of our industry.”
Key speakers at this year’s summit include:
- Saugato Banerjee, MD Asia, A+E Networks
- Roger Tong, CEO, AsiaSat
- Henry Tan, CEO, AstroSimon Robinson, MD, Discovery Asia Pacific and CFO, Discovery International
- Peter Bithos, CEO, HOOQ
- Mark Britt, Co-Founder & Group CEO, iflix
- Tham Loke Kheng, CEO, Mediacorp
- Datuk Kamal Khalid, Group Managing Director, Media Prima
- Tony Zameczkowski, VP, Business Development, Asia, Netflix
- Janice Lee, MD, PCCW Media Group
- Yew Weng Soo, VP, Sales & Market Development, Asia-Pacific, SES Video, SES
- Goh Seow Eng, MD, Home, Consumer Singapore, SingTel
- Thomas Ee, Chairman, Taiwan Broadband Communications
- Deepak Jacob, Chief Regional Counsel India, South East Asia & Middle East, The Walt Disney Company
- Birathon Kasemsri Na Ayudhaya, Chief Content and Media Officer, True Corporation
- Alexandre Muller, MD APAC, TV5Monde
- Paras Sharma, SVP & GM for Southeast Asia, Viacom International Media Networks
- Clément Schwebig, MD, Southeast Asia, Pacific and China, WarnerMedia Entertainment Networks
Full event details can be found at www.asiavideosummit.com.