With the pandemic still causing partial lockdowns in the region, Asia Video Industry Association (AVIA), a trade association dedicated to the video industry, will be hosting a hybrid ASIA Video Summit which is accessible in Hong Kong and Singapore. This allows small groups of participants to experience the conference live and network with fellow delegates.
Louis Boswell, CEO of AVIA, said: “This has been an unprecedented year for everyone.
“Although we have successfully hosted several virtual events this year, we are learning and improving all the time so we feel confident this will be our best virtual conference yet.
“At the same time, nothing can replace real social interaction so we are taking advantage of the much-improved situation in Singapore and Hong Kong to return a degree of normality to the Asia Video Summit, and allow some of our delegates a level of physical interaction, to watch the sessions live, reconnect with each other, and enjoy some food and drinks on us.”
The summit will bring together more than 130 thought leaders in the video industry to explore these five key themes: Remembering Television; Streaming Ahead; Premium Advertising; Sporting Times; and Talking Tech.
This year’s summit will also see several speakers headlining the conference for the first time in Asia as AVIA continues to monitor structural changes in the industry.
The speakers for the hybrid event include:
• Salawati Mohamed, Head of Distribution and Partnership Development, A+E Networks Asia
• Aki Taha, Director, Talent Acquisition, Netflix
• Tom Keaveny, Chief Innovation & Information Officer, beIN Media Group
• Kaichen Li, Head of WeTV & iFlix, Tencent
• Yasmin Zahid, Head of Distribution Sales & Affiliate Marketing, Southeast Asia, WarnerMedia
• Tony Qiu, SVP & GM – East & Southeast Asia, Discovery Networks
• Jack Khunatamstit, Entertainment Partnerships Lead – Mainland SEA, Facebook
As part of the summit, AVIA will be hosting The State of Piracy Summit on November 5 to examine the strides that are being made against piracy in the region. In addition, there will be the by-invitation-only Policy RoundTable on November 4 and the Anti-Piracy Sports Roundtable on November 6.
Visit www.asiavideosummit.com for more details on this year’s summit programme and line-up of speakers.